Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sprint to the Finish

The last week of construction is a mad rush to finish the punch list before closing.  This house was no exception.  It took coordination between almost all of the subs...plumber, painter, electrician, etc to make sure everything was perfect.  After several long days, the papers are signed and the house has been turned over!  :)

To recap, this is the "Crepe Myrtle" from Madden Home Designs out of Denham Springs, LA.  Its 2,386 sqft with a double-split floor plan.  The homeowner was involved from the beginning and even made some personalized choices before construction began (such as the round columns instead of cedar).  They picked out all the finishes and truly designed a custom home.   These pictures hardly do it justice, and I'm sure it will look even better once the homeowners move in their furnishings and complete the look for each room.   Not all rooms are shown here, but this gives you an idea of how it turned out. 

I thought this custom cabinet feature was cool.  Its a shelf for a stand mixer that comes out when you want to use it and then swings back under the counter when you're done.  Saves you having to drag it all out and set it up everytime you want to use it.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These homes are just beautiful! I have been looking into custom homes maryland and what they would be able to offer me in my home! I have wanted one like this for some time! can you tell me where I can find more homes like this? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to follow your next project @ lot 15. I've heard it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete